This week I finally managed to put my society memberships to good use: I went both trampolining and swimming! Wednesday was trampolining day and I must say that although it's kind of scary, it's good fun. The trampoline itself is about 6 m2 and over 1.5 m high. So that's you starting level. You still have to bounce from there.... However after one session I could remember the jumps I used to do back in my gymnastics days (way back when I could still actually bend double) and learned a new one: the seat drop. Basically you land on your bum with your legs stretched forward. Not a big deal you'd say, but try doing that and while you jump back up do a half turn and another seat drop..... Next is The back drop, the front drop and then it will be time for the somersaults. Anyway, I'm definitely on my way to the Olympics, maybe not Beijing, since I have to row at that one with Colette, but London should definitely be manageable.
Today, Carmel (from my class) and I went swimming. Since there was no trainer today we decided to just do 200m with each stroke we knew and finish off with another 200m of breaststroke. So warming up included we swam about 1.5 km and then called it a day. Time to check out the spa facilities. Whirlpool, steamroom, sauna and tepidarium. Good times, good times....
After all of that Carmel showed me the DVD section in the library (yes, a DVD section!). They don't have a lot of new stuff (it still has to serve educational purposes I guess), but they're stocked up on many of the classics and also have the complete series of six feet under, 24, the sopranos and west wing. horray! I'll let you know when I resurface.
