Friday, March 31, 2006

Ze new office

In May it will be workplacement time. And if you have to do it, you'd better make sure you do it right. Therefore, I found myself a nice internship in probably the nicest (and poshestest) part of Dublin: Merrion Square.
I will be working at the National Museum for Natural History. HA!
This will be my new office:


It's one of those 18th Century museums Victorian-style, with a Fin Whale skeleton hanging from the sealing and every possible animal under the sun stuffed up and carefully collected throughout the centuries by the Royal Dublin Society. Just as these places are supposed to be.
As you can see, the interior is basically untouched:


I think the animals come alive at night....

The Dáil (Parliament) is connected to the building, because before they took over the premises, the Royal Dublin Society had its headquarters there and they owned the museum.

Oh and Bertie will be my neighbour, since the equally nice but of course much bigger building next door is 'Roinn na taoisigh' aka the Department of the Taoiseach (Prime Minister).

Anyway, I'll spend May there. Just so you know...