No visuals, just a conversation between my shocked siblings and sister's boyfriend and my flatmate Karen (in tracksuit bottoms as always)
Karen: Marieke told me that I have to get a new wardrobe if I want to come and visit her in the Netherlands
Mariekschen: yes, I'm not taking you anywhere when you're wearing those tracksuit bottoms. I'm not picky really, but there is only so much I can take.
Laurens: So is it true that everyone wears tracksuits here? I though she was joking.
Karen: Oh yeah. But I only wear the expensive stuff though. I don't want to look like a knacker!
Koen: ehhh...
Gertie: so you really wear this all the time? I thought you just came back from a walk.
Karen: oh I did actually just go for a walk. But I do wear sporty stuff every day.
Koen: right...
Karen: don't worry though, I dress up like a slut when I go out!
(at this point, three jaws fell to the ground and mariekschen covered her face with her hands)
The really scary thing might just be that none of this actually surprises me anymore.
I have tried and tried to explain that it doesn't even matter if your tracksuit is from nike or some cheapy non-brand, they really are made to be worn during some form of sports or maybe on your way to that particular sporting activity. Not for shopping, going to the cinema or even to work (unless you work in a gym obviously).
And really, I have given up. Not giving in though!
