Last week I decided to put my DCU sportsclub membership to good use and try a few of the 'group fitness' classes. The first one I went for was Aqua Fit. Ofcourse I should have known (remember our attempt a few years ago, Ellen?) that this class would be filled with grannies. And not just your average grannies, no the ones that participate in these classes are the ones on kryptonite. But since I wasn't the only one who didn't already recieve a pension, I didn't feel completely out of place. And I could keep up with everyone, which always helps....
I also went for a class with the peculiar name of 'boxercise'. Half-expecting a tae bo session with some slick 'Amazing Discoveries' fitness guru, I found myself putting on boxing gloves and I was punching, jabbing, hooking and uppercutting all of the following hour. So no aerobics elements (horray!) and although I could not sit up straight or lift my arms the next day I am definitely a fan!
