Sunday, October 16, 2005

Galway Bay: Guinness and garlic & cheese fries

A weekend in the lovely city of Galway with my good friend Pat as my tourguide. Short overview:
First, a 3.5 hour busride with a view constisting of loads of grass, stone walls (towards the west) and sheep. Then, a tour of the city which ended with our first pint of Guinness ( ah well, what can you do...). The soccermatch Ireland-Cyprus ended in 1-0 and although the Irish goalkeeper should have been voted 'team of the match' all by himself, a won game is always good. After some Irish haute cuisine (garlic & cheese fries, more about that later), a great night of dancing and more Guinness awaited us. After a 'healthy' breakfast the next morning and a tour along the coastal road, it was time for me to return to Dublin. All in all a great weekend.
I wish I could post some photos, but I think I lost the film.... who needs old-fashioned cameras anyway. Anyway, I'm digital now, so I'll give you some visuals of my life here soon.