No, I did not just discover this. I already knew.....
The thing is just that when Erik came to visit me last week, I finally had an excuse to go and visit the Guinness Storehouse. horray!
Arthur Guinness rented St James's Gate Brewery in 1759 for 9000 years for a mere 45 Irish pounds per year. And thank God he did. Imagine Ireland without Guinness....
What I learned at the Storehouse is that Guinness is not black, but actually ruby red. Oh and the water does not come from the Liffey (thank God), but from the Wicklow mountains. Just for your information of course....
On top of the Storehouse is the Gravity bar, where each visitor can enjoy his or her "free" Guinness and the amazing view of the entire city of Dublin at the same time. This alone is definitely well worth the trip.
Thousands of bottles of beer on the wall...
Yours truly at St. James's Gate Brewery
And as promised a while ago... Garlic and Cheese fries from Supermacs!
