Tuesday, February 14, 2006

About shit hitting the fan and Murphy's laws and all that

When things start to go wrong, it's only a slippery slope to complete and utter mayhem.
Last week I caught my flatmate Mark trying to sneak out of the house with all his belongings. Ok, you're moving out, thanks for letting the rest of us know. The next day, the landlord rang to tell us that Mark had not paid his rent for the last two months and was not answering his phonecalls. We had to do something about this, otherwise he would make us pay those two months. Ofcourse we told him to take a jump (not in those words obviously) and that it was definitely not our responsibility that someone else did not pay his rent. Yesterday he rang again to ask if we'd heard anything from Mark, and to our negative reply he answered that he was moving back into the house himself and we'd have to be out by the end of the month. Great. Especially since that's in two weeks. Eventually we got an extension to the end of March, but still.
Not only do I have to find a new place to live AGAIN, but I also have to leave my perfect location with DCU just across the road, my nice double room and nice flatmates.
Back to square one I guess. Not a happy bunny at the moment.....